What is Professional Year and why is it required?
The Professional Year is a structured and well organised professional development program for students which combines formal learning and workplace experience. The program runs for 44 weeks, including 32 weeks of classroom training and 12 weeks of workplace internship with host companies.
Professional Year program is offered to students who have completed minimum of 2 years of an Australian bachelor or masters degrees in Accounting, ICT or Engineering.
As per the research, it is confirmed that employers expect their candidate to have more than just a qualification. A Professional Year program offers practical skills, networking opportunities and stepping stone towards a great career.
A Professional Year will help you:
- Understand and get familiar with the employment market and Australian workplace culture.
- Develop skills to communicate effectively with office colleagues, learn office etiquettes and how to deal with customers and managers.
- Get valuable work experience through internships at Australian workplace.
- Get extra 5 points towards permanent residency application
We represent all major Professional Year providers with campuses all over Australia. Following are the institutes we represent:
- Academies Australasia Polytechnic: Melbourne
- Education Centre of Australia (ECA): Melbourne, Sydney
- Monash Professional Pathways: Melbourne
- Navitas Professional: Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney
- Performance Education: Melbourne, Sydney
- Queensland International Business Academy (QIBA): Adelaide, Canberra, Brisbane, Darwin, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney
- Australian Technical and Management College (ATMC): Melbourne, Sydney
Why apply through us?
With more than ten years of experience and a team of highly knowledgeable professionals, we are able to offer the best service and deals to our students. Apart from the best offers by Professional Year providers, you can get exclusive discounts off our migration services.
We also keep our students regularly updated with key changes in immigration legislation and guide from the beginning till they achieve their goals.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for the Professional Year program, you must:
- Complete a degree in engineering, accounting or ICT
- Hold or have applied for a Graduate Skilled (Subclass 485) visa or
- holder of student visa with work and study rights (Subclass 573)
Meet English language requirement
- Provide a valid skills assessment from relevant assessing body (if applicable)
Offshore university graduates holding a Recognised Graduate (Subclass 476) visa may be eligible for a Professional Year Program in Engineering.